Retire in North Carolina
- Friendly Neighbors
- Inviting Homes
- Gated Community
- Coastal Living
- Wrightsville Beach
- Awards and Accolades
Our Residents Make the Community
“We had never been to North Carolina and never heard of Compass Pointe until reading an article in Where to Retire Magazine. The article prompted us to make a visit. Making the choice was clinched when we met current owners at a cocktail party. We knew we could fit in. From the very start we knew this was the best decision we had ever made. We know more neighbors in three years at Compass Pointe than we knew in the 40 years we lived in CT. We laugh every day and have wonderful people to share in our retirement. We are truly blessed to have found Compass Pointe and live the retirement we had dreamed about all those years ago.”
— Keith & Barb Oberg
“My wife and I moved to Compass Pointe in July 2015. We are among the rare ones that have lived in the Research Triangle Area of NC for 35 years and have retired to here. We’ve always liked visiting Wilmington and were delighted to discover that Compass Pointe had been developed here. It is a great community. The neighborhoods are beautiful, the amenities are outstanding and getting better each day and the people are extremely friendly. It truly is resort living. In fact, when we take vacations away from Compass Pointe, we can’t wait to come home.”
— Gary & Eileene Kugler
“We grew up in a shore town in NJ and wanted to be near the beach. We were drawn to the Carolinas after vacationing here with our family. The warm weather and low taxes were a definite draw for us upon retiring. The year round golf sealed the deal. Everyone made us feel so welcome when we moved, and still do. We are truly livin’ the dream.”
— Norm & Fran Gwalthney
Retire to North Carolina
At Compass Pointe, every day is a getaway where you can experience resort living at an affordable price. Voted “Best North Carolina Community of the Year,” Compass Pointe offers incredible value and low taxes. Compass Pointe’s amenities, location and residents make it an ideal retirement destination.
See why so many “retire down south” to Compass Pointe and sunny, coastal North Carolina. Learn about the Wilmington, NC area, explore the community and see why Compass Pointe is truly one of the best places to live in North Carolina.
- Homesites from the $90k’s
- Home Packages from the mid $300k’s
- Taxes — $0.485 per $100 assessed value (ex. $400,000 = $1,940/year).
Vacation Happens DailyRelish every day in the luxurious resort-style amenities.
Enjoy time with family and friends swimming at the resort oasis pool, playing tennis or pickleball, catching fish in one of the many stocked ponds, or riding bikes on the miles of nature trails. You can also take a yoga class at The Wellness Center, or get pampered with a rejuvenating massage in our exclusive, members only spa.
Community Amenities Include:
- Private, Gated Entrance
- Grand Lanai with Resort-Style Pool & Oasis Bar
- The Pointe Wellness Center & Spa
- Cardinal Lake with Canoe & Kayak Launch
- Golf Cart Paths Throughout
- Miles of Walking & Biking Trails
- Pickleball & Tennis Courts
- Recreation Lawn & Putting Greens
- Dog Park
- Compass Pointe Golf Club & Pro Shop
- Outdoor Terrace Garden Park
- Indoor Pool
- Village Shoppes
- Lazy River
Resort Living in Full Swing
Golf Course Features:
- Environmentally friendly design with unique use of natural land features
- Elevations that range 23 – 85 feet above sea level with contours and drainage to enhance year round golf
- Wide hybrid Bermuda fairways and corridors
- Strategic placement of bunkers that beautifully frame the holes and allow exceptional playability of the course
- Flexible pin placement on greens to modify for tournaments or quick daily play
- Each hole has the ability to be played as a Par 3
- An expansive professional-caliber driving range and short game practice area – features normally only found in top private golf clubs
- A unique lighted putting green and putting course at the foot of The Pointe Pavilion
Inviting HomesGaze at nature with your morning coffee or watch spectacular sunsets over an expansive pond or golf green; there is unique character in each of our pristine homesites. After selecting your perfect view, you can choose from a variety of home styles to fit your needs.
Our impressive homes are inviting and comfortable with sophisticated, quality exteriors and desirable interior finishes. Most floor plans are open and spacious, creating an environment for entertaining family and friends, and feature screened porches to enjoy the pleasant weather year-round.We offer a variety of options that allow flexibility to fit your style, and work together to create an overall pleasing look. Choose from low-maintenance villas, comfortable cabanas, Florida-style patio homes, and elegant custom homes.
Homes From The Area’s Most Accredited Builders
Each have various floor plans to choose from that reflect your personal taste and are functional to your lifestyle. These floor plans accentuate the natural features of our homesites and are thoughtfully designed for optimal space.
Our Preferred Builders have been carefully selected to ensure the continuity of our vision.
Temperate Year-Round Climate
- Sub-Tropical, coastal climate
- Four distinct seasons — average daily high is 74° (annually)
- Mild winter — average daily high of 61° (November–February)
- Summer — average daily high of 86° (May–August)
Where Palms and Pines Live in Perfect HarmonySoutheastern North Carolina provides easy access anywhere with major interstates and byways guiding a short day’s journey from the coast, through major metropolitan areas, to the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Coastal North Carolina is home to some of the most gorgeous beaches in the country, with soft white sand and clear blue waters. Landscapes are decorated in canopies of live oak trees with Spanish moss and offer breathtaking views of winding rivers and grassy marshlands.
The North Carolina coast is adored for its charm and subtropical climate that features four distinct seasons: warm summers, mild winters, and pleasant springs and falls. Outdoor activities include golfing at one of the 100+ area courses, boating, fishing, kayaking, biking, and trips to the beach can be enjoyed year round. It’s no wonder why Carolinians exude Southern hospitality and offer a friendly wave to every visitor and passerby.
Wilmington, NC Est. 1739
“As pleasant & delectable to behold, as is possible to imagine.”
Our big city with small town charm, Wilmington, is known for its mix of culture and entertainment.
— Giovanni da Verrazano (1524)
This includes an array of art museums and historic attractions, live theater at Thalian Hall, an active live music scene, unique shopping boutiques, authentic antique shops, and award-winning restaurants where you can enjoy fine dining before heading out to experience Wilmington’s eclectic nightlife.
Wrightsville Beach, NCOur stunning island surrounded by the intracoastal waterway and the Atlantic Ocean.
No matter which direction you look on Wrightsville Beach, you will capture the beauty of the coast. Known for its water activities, fishing, and surfing, this beach is the perfect family destination for those who enjoy watching the sun rise or set in peaceful solace.
If you want more out of your daily beach trip, enjoy dining at one of the many fresh seafood restaurants, shopping at Mayfaire Towncenter, taking a walk on Johnnie Mercer’s Pier, or surf fishing in Masonboro Inlet. You’ll never run out of things to do!
New Hanover Regional Medical Center — 15 min
New Hanover Regional Medical Center (NHRMC) is a teaching hospital and regional referral center. As the tertiary care center for a seven-county area, New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers specialty medical and surgical care. This includes freestanding women’s and children’s, rehabilitation and psychiatric hospitals and one of 10 trauma centers in the state certified at Level II or above.
Other specialty services include:
- four adult intensive care units
- neonatal intensive care unit
- pediatric intensive care
- open heart surgery
- accredited teaching cancer program
- vascular operating room
Cape Fear Memorial Hospital — 25 min
NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital, formerly Cape Fear Hospital serves as New Hanover Regional Medical Center’s home for orthopedic services. The Orthopedic Hospital features designated orthopedic nurses, therapists, technicians, and surgeons who are board-certified or eligible in orthopedic surgery. The center includes specialists in hand and shoulder, foot and ankle, and spine, as well as arthroscopic surgeries, sports medicine, and joint replacement. The Orthopedic Hospital also offers a 24-hour emergency department, inpatient and outpatient surgery, respiratory therapy, rehabilitation medicine, diagnostic and imaging services, radiology services, and laboratory services.
Brunswick Novant Medical Center — 30 min
Novant Health Brunswick Medical Center provides emergency services, maternity care, surgery, outpatient diagnostic testing, and other community healthcare programs.
Local Medical and Dental Offices — 5-10 min
Enjoy the Privacy of our Gated Community
The privacy of a gated community is yours — in a location that can’t be beat: the southeastern coast of North Carolina.
You like the idea of moving to a community where you and your family feel safe and secure; where there’s a real sense of community almost “built in” to your neighborhood. At Compass Pointe, this gated community is waiting for you, yet the gates are wide open to your enjoyment of resort-style living.
A Reputation for Award-Winning Quality
- Audubon International Gold Signature Member
- Ideal-Living’s 2018 Best Wellness Environment
- Where to Retire’s 2017 Best Neighborhood
- Ideal-Living’s Best of the Best “2016 & 2017 Best Pool”
- Ideal-Living’s 2017 Ideal Home
- 2017 – 2013 Shore Picks Winner, Star News Media
- One of National Geographic Traveler’s “Last American Beach Towns”
- One of National Geographic Traveler’s “World’s Best Surf Towns”
- Real Estate Scorecard’s 2016 Bliss Award, “Best North Carolina Community of the Year”
- Real Estate Scorecard’s 2015 Bliss Award, “Happiest Community”
- Top 10 Spots to Celebrate the Fourth of July
- USA Today’s America’s Best Riverfront 2014